Thursday, March 24, 2011

TO COMMENT OR NOT TO COMMENT


I want to thank each and every one of you who have commented on my blogging. I say thank you to the compliments, comments and criticism. I was asked the other day why I was not posting the comments I received. I did in fact post some of the early ones, but as I received more and more I decided that I created the blog for blogging and not for commenting.

I really do appreciate each of you who made comments. Those that were positive as well as the negative comments are appreciated. Those comments that have attacked me and or my opinions or those that have praised my thoughts are welcome. While we may not agree I will defend your right to your opinion. However, there are a couple of problems with posting the comments.

Number one is that several of you have made very derogatory comments concerning Judge Barkemeyer. While some of my writings have discussed the facts and my disapproval of some of the things that are being done by the Judge I in no way ever intend nor have I intended in any way to directly attack his character as some of your comments have. Therefore I feel that the posting of your comments, both those signed and anonymous might lead some to think that I am in agreement with them.

Secondly, some of the comments have been what one might call “thought provoking” which I see easily getting a number of responses of varying opinions. Again, I created this blog to blog my thoughts and to try to keep folks up with what is going on in Milam County. I do not want to spend my time refereeing comments between various followers that may or may not have anything to do with the blog.

Thirdly, while a majority of you have signed your comments with an email several of you, commenting both good and bad about the blog, have presented your comments anonymously. Not sure if you were ashamed of what you said, did not want your friends to know you liked what you read or just why you felt you had to be anonymous. Personally I feel it is not fair to give those who hide behind anonymous the same exposure as those who sign their comments so that others may contact them.

Finally, please keep sending your comments. I really mean that. I do enjoy reading them all, the good, bad and the ugly. I will read them and do appreciate your thoughts and comments. Thanks to all of you who read Inside Milam County. If you see something you like be sure to tell your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment